(For US Citizens)
See or US Dept of State site for more

Mexico - No Visa
(90 day Max.  Must have exit ticket. Tourist card, also known as an FM-T must be purchased for $20.)

DR - No Visa
(Tourist card purchase required upon arrival. 90 day Max.)

Jamaica - No Visa
(Must have exit ticket. Able to show sufficient funds.)

Guatemala - No Visa
(No apparent stipulations)

Honduras - No Visa
(30 day Max.  Must have exit ticket. $25 exit tax and $2 exit agricultural tax.)

Panama - (Conflicting Info)
(Panamanian law requires that travelers must either purchase a tourist card from the airline serving Panama or obtain a visa from a Panamanian embassy or consulate before traveling to Panama.)

Costa Rica - No Visa
(90 day Max.  Must have exit ticket.)

Ecuador - No Visa
(90 day Max.  Must have exit ticket. Exit tax charged on departure.)

Peru - No Visa
(90 day Max.  Must have exit ticket. Airport exit tax of $28 per person must be paid in U.S. currency when departing Peru. There is also a $5 airport fee for domestic flights.)

Chile - No Visa
(No visa, but at the international port-of-entry, a fee, payable in U.S. dollars only, is levied on U.S. citizen visitors.  90 day max.)

Argentina - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Brazil - Visa Required
(Valid for up to 5 years for no more than 90 days at a time. $100. See for more.)

Australia - Visa Required
(Valid 12 months for no more than 90 days at a time.  See ETA site for 30 second e-visa - AU$20)

New Zealand - No Visa
(90 day max. Visa for US is sort of optional. You can get one, but due to the Visa Waiver Agreement with the US, we don't need them... so why bother)

Indonesia - No Visa
(2 month max.  Must have exit ticket.)

Malasia - No Visa
(90 day max.  Disembarkation card given on arrival.)

Thailand - No Visa
(30 day max. Onward ticket required. Passenger Service Charge, currently 500 baht (USD equivalent: $11.69), must be paid in Thai baht when departing the country from any of Thailand�s international airports.)

Hong Kong - No Visa
(90 day max. Depature tax of $80 HK (approximately $10.30 US), and an airport security tax of $33 HK ($4.20 US))

China - Visa Required
(Tourist visa, known as the L-Visa can be bought for $50-100 depending on how many re-entries and length of time you want.  Permits are required to visit Tibet as well as many remote areas not normally open to foreigners.)

South Korea - No Visa
(No stipulations found)

Mongolia - No Visa
(No visa is required for Americans visiting for fewer than 90 days. Visitors planning to stay in Mongolia for more than 30 days are required to register with the Immigration, Naturalization and Foreign Citizens Agency in Ulaanbaatar during their first week of arrival. American visitors who fail to register and stay longer than 30 days may be stopped at departure, denied exit, and fined.)

Tibet - (See China)

India - Visa Required
(Those arriving in India without a visa bearing the correct validity dates and number of entries are subject to immediate deportation on the return flight. The U.S. Embassy and Consulates in India are unable to assist when U.S. citizens arrive without visas. For further information on entry requirements, please contact the Embassy of India at 2536 Massachusetts Avenue NW, Washington, D.C. 20008, telephone (202) 939-9849 or 939-9806. $60 for 6 months max.)

Egypt - Visa Required
(30-day tourist visa available at any port of entry, except at Taba and Rafah, for a $15 fee, payable in U.S. dollars. Visitors arriving overland must obtain a visa prior to arrival.

Ethiopia - Visa Required
(Citizens of the United States may obtain tourist/visitors visas upon arrival in Ethiopia. This service is only available at Bole International Airport, Ethiopia�s main airport, in Addis Ababa. The fee of 315 birr (approximately $40 US) is payable only in Ethiopian currency. Travelers may exchange currency upon arrival. However, because of possible confusion or delays, travelers should obtain a valid Ethiopian visa prior to arrival whenever possible. An exit visa is required if your entry visa has expired by the time of departure. In such circumstances, an exit visa can be obtained at the main immigration office in Addis Ababa only and not at Bole International Airport.)

Kenya - Visa Required
(Visas should be obtained in advance, although airport visas are available. Travelers who opt to obtain an airport visa should expect delays upon arrival. There is a fee for the visa, whether obtained in advance or at the airport. Evidence of yellow fever immunization may be requested.)

Morocco - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

EU Countries - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Greece - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Albania - No Visa
(No visa required. Entry card purchas required - 10 Euros)

Macedonia - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Bulgaria - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Yugoslavia (now Serbia or Montenegro) - Visa Required
(NOT recommended by US State Dept for safety reasons. Visa required.)

Yugoslavia (now Serbia or Montenegro) - No Visa
(90 day Max. Unless the traveler is staying at a hotel, all foreigners must register with the local police within 24 hours of arrival.)

Yugoslavia (now Serbia or Montenegro) - No Visa
(90 day Max. Unless the traveler is staying at a hotel, all foreign citizens must register with the local police within 48 hours of arrival. Failure to register is a misdemeanor offense; some Americans have been fined as a result of their failure to register.)

Romania - No Visa
(90 day Max. Most tourist facilities, while being upgraded, have not yet reached Western European standards.)

Hungary - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Slovinia - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Slovak Republic - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Austria - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Czech Republic - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Ukraine - No Visa
(Visa can be obtained from consolate/embassy)

Poland - No Visa
(90 day Max. Ensure passport is DATE STAMPED!)

Belarus - Visa Required
(A visa must be obtained before entering Belarus. Travelers who do not have a visa cannot register at hotels. U.S. citizens residing in Belarus are required to register with the local Office of Visas and Registration (OVIR) within 72 hours of arrival. Failure to do so can result in fines and visits from local law enforcement authorities. U.S. citizens staying in hotels are automatically registered at check-in. Visa validity dates are strictly enforced; travelers should request sufficient time to allow for delays in arrival and departure.)

Lithuania - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Latvia - Visa Required
(No visa is required for travelers remaining up to 90 days in a half-calendar year (from January to June and from July to December). Travelers remaining in Latvia for more than 90 days, including 180-day periods that cross over two half-calendar years, must apply for temporary residence. Travelers who plan to remain in Latvia for more than 90 days must apply in country for temporary residence. Beginning May 1, 2003, all travelers to Latvia must present evidence of a valid health insurance policy that guarantees any health-related expenses will be covered during the traveler�s stay in Latvia.)

Estonia - No Visa
(90 day Max.)

Poland - No Visa
(90 day max. Americans should ensure that their passports are date-stamped upon entry.)

Russia - Visa Required
(This is complicated. All foreigners entering Russia must fill out a migration card, depositing one part with immigration authorities at the ort of entry and holding on to the other part for the duration of their stay. Upon exit, the migration card, which serves as a statistical tool and a record of entry, exit and registration, must be turned in to immigration authorities. Russian visas should be obtained from an embassy or consulate in the U.S. or abroad in advance of travel, as it is impossible to obtain a Russian entry visa upon arrival. Migration cards are available at al ports of entry from Russian immigration officials (Border Guards). Travelers who arrive without an entry visa are not permitted to enter Russia and face immediate expulsion by route of entry, at the traveler�s expense. Errors in dates or other information on the visa may result in denial of entry, and it is helpful to have someone who reads Russian check the visa before departing the United States. Visas are valid for specific purposes and dates. Travelers who spend more than three days in the country must register their visa and migration card through their sponsor. However, travelers spending less than three days are advised to register their visas as well, since they may encounter problems finding lodging without proper registration. Travelers staying in a hotel must register their visa and migration card with their hotel within one day. It is helpful to make a photocopy of your visa in the event of loss, but note that a copy of your visa will not be sufficient for leaving the country, as Russian border officials always ask for the original. Travelers who have lost their migration card must replace them with the help of their visa sponsor at the local Passport and Visa Department of the Ministry of Interior (PVU OVIR/UVIR) where they were registered. While authorities will not prevent foreigners who have lost their migration cards and have not replaced them with a duplicate from leaving the country, foreigners could experience problems when trying to reenter Russia at a future date. The office that issued your visa must approve amendment of a visa necessitated by illness or changes in travel plans. If travelers experience entry and exit visa problems they and/or their sponsor must contact the nearest Russian visa and passport office (OVIR/UVIR) for assistance. Visitors who overstay their visa�s validity, even for one day, or who neglect to register their visa will be prevented from leaving until this is corrected, which usually requires payment of a fee and results in a missed flight or other connection. Passengers may experience significant delays and expense. Police have the authority to stop people and request their documents at any time without cause. Due to the possibility of random document checks by police, U.S. citizens should carry their original passports, registered migration cards, and visas with them at all times. Failure to provide proper documentation can result in detention and/or heavy fines. It is not necessary for travelers to have either entry or itinerary points in the Russian Federation printed on their visas. All travelers must continue to list on the visa application all areas to be visited and subsequently register with authorities at each destination. There are several closed cities throughout Russia. Travelers who attempt to enter these cities without prior authorization are subject to fines, court hearings and/or deportation. Travelers should check with their sponsor, hotel or the nearest Russian visa and passport office before traveling to unfamiliar cities and towns. Russia issues visas (with the exception of transit visas) based on support from a sponsor, usually an individual or local organization. Generally speaking, visas sponsored by Russian individuals are �guest� visas, and visas sponsored by tour agencies or hotels are �tourist� visas. Note that travelers who enter Russia on �tourist� visas, but who then reside with Russian individuals, may have difficulty registering their visas and migration cards and may be required by Russian authorities to depart Russia sooner than they had planned. It is important to know who your sponsor is and how to contact him/her because Russian law requires that your sponsor apply on your behalf for replacement, extension or changes to your visa. Even if your visa was obtained through a travel agency in the U.S., there is always a Russian legal entity whose name is indicated on the visa and who is considered to be your legal sponsor. The U.S. embassy cannot act as your sponsor. U.S. citizens should contact their tour company or hotel in advance for information on visa sponsorship. See the Russian Embassy for more.)